Clerk of District Court
Chrisanna Lund
  Deputy Clerk
Mandy Pruitt
424 South Elm Street, Second Floor
P.O. Box 1318
Lusk, WY 82225


Phone: 307-334-2736
Fax: 307-334-2703


Passport Information

Passport Requirements:

The Niobrara County Clerk of District Court’s Office is a Passport Acceptance Facility.  To apply for a passport, you will need the following:

Passport Application

General passport applications and other passport forms can be obtained from the Clerk of District Court Office.  Online versions of these forms are available on the U.S. Department of State website.
Proof of Identity
A current valid driver's license, military identification, government identification, or previous U.S. Passport will serve as identification. Social Security cards are NOT acceptable for identification.
Certified Copy of Birth Records
The birth record must be certified by the state in which the birth took place. A raised or embossed seal must be affixed to the birth record. If born in the State of Wyoming you may call: (307) 777-7591 to obtain necessary information or by mailing $13.00 to:
Vital Records, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, WY 82002.
Proof of Citizenship

Your proof of citizenship (birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or previous passport) will be mailed to the Passport Agency with your passport application and will be returned with your new passport.  You must provide one of these documents for proof of citizenship:

  • A certified copy or your original birth certificate issued by the Department of Vital Records. A raised or embossed seal must be affixed to the birth record.
  • A previous, fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport.
  • An original Certificate of Naturalization.
  • An original Certificate of Citizenship.
  • A Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth.
Social Security Number

A social security number is required for all passport applications regardless of the age of the applicant.

Passport Photo

One 2”x2” passport photo taken within the last 6 months is required.  There is no longer anywhere in Lusk to have a passport photo taken, but most Walgreens and Walmart stores offer this service.  We apologize for the inconvenience of having to travel out of town to get your passport photo.  However, please be aware that the U.S. Department of State has very specific requirements for passport photos, and incorrect photos are the number one reason that passport applications are rejected.  This could result in a delay in processing your passport application, which could potentially cause you to miss your trip out of the country.  Therefore, we do not recommend that you attempt to take your passport photo at home.


Passport Book for ages 16 and over...(Execution Fee also required)

$130    (First time or renewal.) 

Passport Book for ages 15 and under...(Execution Fee also required)

$100      (First time or renewal.)
Passport Card for ages 16 and over…(Execution Fee also required) $30      (First time or renewal.)

Passport Card for ages 15 and under…(Execution Fee also required)

$15      (First time or renewal.)
Execution Fee (Processing Fee) $35
Expedited Service $60
Express Mail (Delivered and Returned) Based on current postage rates.
Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I obtain passport applications or renewal applications?

The Clerk of District Court’s Office can provide passport applications and passport renewal application forms. You can also obtain application forms on the U.S. Department of State’s website (click here).

Can I get a passport if my birth record is not available?

Yes. This requires additional documentation. Please call the Clerk of District Court's Office (307-334-2736) for specific instructions regarding this situation.

Do I have to apply in person?

If your passport was lost or stolen, or your passport was issued more than 12 years ago - you will need to apply in person. All children under the age of 16 applying for U.S. passports must appear with both parents at the time of application. Parents must provide evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship, evidence that they are the parents or guardians, show valid personal identification, take the oath, and sign before the Clerk of District Court.

What if one parent cannot appear?

If the second parent is not available to sign, the appearing parent must follow the steps listed above, and present evidence of sole legal custody of the child/ren – OR – have notarized written consent of the other parent for the issuance of the passport – OR – obtain a notarized written statement explaining why the non-applying parent’s consent cannot be obtained. A statement of consent form may be obtained at the Clerk of District Court Office.

What if both parents cannot appear?

If both parents are not available, a third party in loco parentis must appear with a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents or the sole custodial parent authorizing the third party to apply for passport. When the statement or affidavit is from only one parent, the third party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent.

When can I apply for a passport?

The Clerk of District Court's Office is a federally designated passport acceptance agency serving the public in Niobrara County. Our office is located on the second floor of the Niobrara County Courthouse at 424 S. Elm Street in Lusk, Wyoming. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays.

How long is a passport valid?

Passports are valid for ten (10) years if you are 16 years of age or older, or for five (5) years if you are 15 years of age or younger.

Can I renew my passport by mail?

Yes. If your most recent passport was issued when you were at least 16 years old, issued within the past 12 years, and you use the same name as on your most recent passport - OR - you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name change(s).

When will I receive my passport?

The most current passport processing times can be found at  If you need to check the status of your passport you can call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793.  You can also access the Online Passport Status System at

What if I owe Child Support?

If you owe $2,500 or more in Child Support, you are not eligible to receive a U.S. passport. Please contact your local Child Support Enforcement Office regarding this issue.

How do I report a missing passport?

You can report a lost or stolen passport at This form is also available at the Clerk of District Court office.


*Updated 2/6/2023*
Every attempt is made to keep this website updated.  Should you have any questions, please call the Clerk of District Court office at (307) 334-2736.





















© Niobrara County Wyoming. All rights reserved. Hosted at Wyoming Websites by Jub Jub
Comodo SSL